It’s an exciting day for capital D and Qmee, with Qmee set to embark on the next stage of its impressive journey together with Kantar. It’s been a pleasure to work together with Jonathan and Nick on the company’s continued growth trajectory and geographic expansion. We wish them well!
• Phrasee is an AI-powered natural language generation platform for online marketing, disrupting traditional methods of copywriting
• capital D becomes first majority institutional investor in Phrasee, partnering with the founders and co-investors
• capital D’s fourth platform investment since inception, and the second investment into a company with artificial intelligence core to its product
James Bidwell chaired a Springwise Session where he was joined by the founder of the ChangeNOW Summit, Santiago Lefebvre. He was also joined by Alban Bressand, the co-founder of Reforestum, a European startup that enables companies to procure voluntary carbon offsets at scale.
Following the acquisition of IGB last year, VONQ keeps its momentum strong with four more key hires.
Sander van Oyen, Sales Director VONQ / Managing Director IGB (bottom left); Peter Berry, Sales Director EMEA at VONQ (top right); David Haessig, Regional Sales Director, IGB (bottom right); Josh Akers, Internal Consultant for international growth. (top left)
James Bidwell moderates a panel with participants from Roche, the World Health Organization and the French National Centre for Scientific Research among others, discussing the interconnectivity among human, environmental and animal health ecosystems.
• Qmee is one of Europe’s fastest growing tech businesses, operating in the research and
consumer insight space
• Capital D is the first institutional investor in Qmee
• Capital D will partner with Qmee’s founders, Jonathan Knight and Nick Sutton to support them on the next phase of their impressive growth journey
VONQ announced today the appointment of Arno Schaefer as Chief Executive Officer effective February 15th, 2021. With this appointment Wouter Goedhart, current CEO and co-founder, will step back as CEO but will remain involved as shareholder.
“I am thrilled to welcome Arno Schaefer as my successor at VONQ. Over the years he has demonstrated outstanding business leadership in fast growing companies and brings a wealth of digital experience that will accelerate VONQ’s success and growth going forward,” says Wouter Goedhart. “With his experience VONQ can further grow its international SaaS business.”
VONQ announced today that it is acquiring IGB, a leader in job distribution, programmatic advertising and recruitment analytics. This move accelerates VONQ’s push into new markets and its momentum towards becoming the global leader in SaaS job marketing solutions.
Retailers around the world are facing their greatest-ever challenge as the COVID-19 pandemic grips every country. How are retailers in your country but also other regions of the world coping and responding to the needs of their customers, communities and the business itself?
Springwise and James Bidwell are contributing innovation intelligence to a series of reports by the World Retail Congress to help answer these questions.
James Bidwell moderated a panel discussion on changing food culture during the ChangeNOW 2020 summit at the Grand Palais in Paris.
Joining James were Seth Goldman, Chairman, Beyond Meat; Jonah Goldman, Director of Strategic Marketing, PLNT Burger; Julie Chapon, Co-founder, Yuka; and Célia Rennesson, Co-founder, Réseau Vrac.
James Bidwell hosted an event with over 100 business owners and entrepreneurs at The Conduit in London, and was joined by Alex Beasley (UK & Ireland country manager, Patagonia), Georgia Phillips (Global Partnerships Lead, Pukka Herbs) and Bill Liao (Co-founder and Chair, WeForest) to stress the urgent need for timely action.
- capital D acquires 54% stake in disruptive recruitment marketing technology business that enables corporates to accelerate talent sourcing and reduce cost
- VONQ, based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, is delivering growth of 30% p.a.
- Founders and capital D jointly commit additional follow-on capital to accelerate growth
Capital D, a London-based private equity manager, acquires social media influencer-led marketing and product development company.
Invincible Brands, founded in November 2015, achieved more than €30 million in revenues and healthy profitability in 2017.